Senior Healthcare Planner
This full-time exempt position’s primary focus is on the national Healthcare Planning of small to large complex projects to support Orcutt Winslow’s Healthcare Studio throughout the enterprise. It is for individuals that have demonstrated leadership and the responsibilities span from business development through the planning of projects and campuses. This role requires an innovative perspective to problem-solving based on a deep understanding of our clients’ operational goals and needs. The ability to work collaboratively with our teams and our clients is essential, as well as the ability to clearly articulate the rationale for our solutions.
The healthcare planner shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Accumulated more than 15 years of healthcare planning experience.
- Have an accredited architectural degree and be a licensed Architect.
- Exhibit the qualities of Leadership, Integrity, Self-awareness, Composure, Sound Judgment, Motivation, Optimism, Empathy and Understanding, Fairness, Collaboration and Collegiality.
- EDAC, ACHA and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Clearly exhibited thought leadership.
- Knowledge of latest planning and design software, including Revit.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate involvement and having presented at relevant conferences, education forums and organizations to showcase their expertise.
- Vast knowledge of ambulatory and acute care environments as it relates to planning and design.
The Senior Healthcare Planner shall be considered an integral member of Orcutt | Winslow’s Healthcare Studio, working collaboratively with all other studio staff. This position shall:
- Be responsible for creating and planning the conceptual design of healthcare projects.
- Lead the planning process by generating concepts and layouts for projects of various sizes and complexities.
- Work closely with clients’ executive leadership, doctors, nurses, and other medical staff to reach consensus on concepts and design solutions.
- Demonstrate credible knowledge of current healthcare programming and planning concepts.
- Work with owners, contractors, consultants, and associate firms to implement design concepts through project completion.
- Present professionally to clients’ management team, departments, and boards.
- Work with Orcutt | Winslow’s Healthcare Leadership to pursue and develop new clients.
- Work closely and productively with internal healthcare staff designers and project managers.
- Be current with movements and trends in healthcare design and planning, including sustainable design, patient safety, and evidence-based design principles.
- Shall be a resource to junior staff Healthcare Planners.
- Meet internal and external deadlines and budgets.
Monthly visits to Orcutt | Winslow’s offices will be necessary to collaborate with other members of the Healthcare Studio to maintain continuity and communication. Travel will be necessary to pursue projects and clients nationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Orcutt | Winslow is an equal opportunity employer. We take great pride in our diverse team members, and their abilities to produce high-quality solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations.